Featured Author: Kara Isaac

Home Forums Blog Post Comments Featured Author: Kara Isaac

This topic contains 41 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ellie Whyte
    Keymaster

Kara Isaac is an award-winning writer who lives in Wellington, New Zealand, where her career highlights include working in tourism as Private Secretar
    [See the full post at: Featured Author: Kara Isaac]

Ellie Whyte ~ Soul Inspirationz Admin

Joan Arning
    Participant

Kara is a new to me author!  I’d love to read one of her books!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Thanks, Joan! I hope you enjoy Close To You if you have a chance to read it 🙂

Ellen Gray
    Participant

I find it interesting that just yesterday I was looking for a book set in Australia or New Zealand (for a book for the summer reading program at my library – it is a required category) and came across Kara’s name.  I think the book sounds great and will definitely be looking to read it soon.

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi, Ellen. What a great category for a reading programme 🙂 I hope you enjoy Close To You if you have an opportunity to read it.

rkkoppen
    Participant

God’s timing is one of those things that tends to be frustrating when we’re in a situation (boy, do I know), but later, when we look back, it’s always better. I’m glad God worked the perfect contract for you!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Thank you! Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you enjoy Close To You if you have an opportunity to read it 🙂

Shelia Hall
    Participant

sounds like a great book

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Thanks so much for dropping by, Shelia. I hope you enjoy Close To You if you have an opportunity to read it 🙂

kim hansen
    Participant

New author for me excited.

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Thanks so much, Kim. I hope you enjoy Close To You if you have an opportunity to read it 🙂

I love New Zealand and I love Lord of the Rings, so this sounds like a fantastic book for me! LOL — have been following Kara’s journey to publication on her Facebook page, and have both books on my “to read” list. Congratulations to Kara for her success after all that hard work!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

So nice to see you here, Stacey! You must be about due to win a copy some time soon, surely 🙂

Loraine Nunley
    Participant

I am not a Tolkien fan, but I really like the premise of this book and Kara is a new-to-me author so I would love to read this one. Thanks for the interview and the giveaway!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi Loraine. I’ve had a few readers tell me that they couldn’t care less about Tolkien but loved Close To You. Hopefully you feel the same way if you have the opportunity to read it 🙂

Just Commonly
    Participant

O, I just LOVE the covers, and the storyline of course! I can’t wait to meet Kara this summer and I would love to read these! Thanks for the giveaway!!!

http://justcommonly.blogspot.com/

Kara Isaac
      Participant

I can’t wait to meet you too, Annie! Not too long to go now 🙂

Heidi Robbins
    Participant

Crushed by a flying portapotty?!?! Wow. That must have been surreal! I immediately fell in love with your book cover and I can’t wait to read it! It sounds like a fun story.

Kara Isaac
      Participant

So lovely to see you here, Heidi! I’m a big fan of my covers too. I think I’ve got some of the best ones around but I’m a little biased 😉

pattymh2000 .
    Participant

Both books sound delightful!

Becky Boerner
    Participant

How wonderful that your husband read aloud at your book launch,and Ellie got to be there!

Love the setting.

Becky

Kara Isaac
      Participant

It was very fun, Becky! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi 🙂

Sydney Anderson
    Participant

I have been watching this book go around on book blogs and the web for a little while now.  I am hoping to either win a copy or purchase a copy before or at CFRR.  It is totally on my TBR pile and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.  It was fun to learn more about Kara via the interview too!  🙂

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi Sydney! So looking forward to meeting you at CFRR! Make sure you come up and say hi 🙂 I hope you enjoy Close To You.

Caryl Kane
    Participant

Kara, it must be exciting to be the Private Secretary for the Prime Minister.  Congratulations on your debut novel.  I love Tolkien!  So glad Ellie was at your launch.  Thank you for the giveaway!  🙂

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi Caryl. It was a great opportunity! It’s no longer my job since with two little ones I needed some work life balance back but I thoroughly enjoyed it 🙂

What a cute cover and great story line.  I am new to this author and would so love to read this.

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi, Sonja. Thanks so much for saying hi. I hope you enjoy Close To You if you do have an opportunity to read it 🙂

Donna B
    Participant

Kara, you are a new author to me. I’m sure that after taking care of all of your responsibilities you are ready for some sleep. I can’t imagine trying to write while taking care of a home and family. Thank you for writing clean Christian books for us to enjoy reading!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi Donna. Yes, sleep is always a great luxury! Thanks so much for dropping by 🙂

Pam Graber
    Participant

Kara-

I read this book thanks to NetGalley and absolutely, 100% LOVED it! I was glad I wasn’t sitting anywhere that anyone could watch me reading it because I laughed, snickered, giggle-snorted so often that I probably looked not quite right. I would love to win a copy to re-read myself and to share with my friends. Everyone needs a good giggle sometimes, right?

Kara Isaac
      Participant

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Pam! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Dee Stevens
    Participant

Would love to read your book!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Hi Dee! I really hope you enjoy it if you get the opportunity 🙂

Lucy Reynolds
    Participant

Thank you for the chance. Congratulations on your novel. God bless!

Mary Pauline M
    Participant

Just a quick reply of thanks, as I had not previously been familiar with the works of Kara Isaac.  Appreciated both the interview and book details included in the post.  Looking forward to giving her first book a read!

Kara Isaac
      Participant

Thanks, Pauline. I hope you enjoy Close To You when you have a chance to read it!

Kara Isaac
    Participant

Thanks so much everyone for dropping by and for all your well wishes! I was so thrilled Ellie was able to make it to my book launch the other week after being a fan of Soul Inspirationz for such a long time 🙂

So excited to read this book. I’ve always wanted to wander through the Shire. And now I can do it while enjoying a romance. It’s the perfect deal. 🙂 Can’t wait. It’s at the top of my To Buy list (I thought I’d already gotten it, but it didn’t come with the others!), so if I don’t win, Close to You’s still High Priority for me. 🙂

Nancy
    Participant

Excited about this book! Can’t wait to get it and get to it in my TBR stack!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Community Login

Please create an account to get started.

Community Groups

Groups
Recent New Releases

Welcome!

Please log in below to comment on blog posts, participate in the forums, join groups & make friends on the social network.

Either register on site or simply use one of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc).

Community Login

Please create an account to get started.

Community Groups

Groups

Online Now

There are no users currently online
Recent Featured Authors
Recent New Releases
Recent WISP Directory Showcases
Recent Novel Spotlights
Counting on a Cowboy

follow us in feedly