Featured Author: Johnnie Alexander

Home Forums Blog Post Comments Featured Author: Johnnie Alexander

This topic contains 35 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Lucy Reynolds 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ellie Whyte
    Keymaster

Johnnie Alexander, author and freelance editor, writes stories that linger in the heart. The first of three contemporary romances, Where She Belongs,
    [See the full post at: Featured Author: Johnnie Alexander]

Ellie Whyte ~ Soul Inspirationz Admin

Becky Lee
    Participant

Looking forward to reading the Courageous Brides Collection

Diane Blaser
    Participant

I always enjoy finding a new author! Great interview, nice to meet you Johnnie.

Alyssa Zech
    Participant

I can’t wait to read Where Treasure Hides!!

kim hansen
    Participant

Looking forward to reading Where She Belongs.

Just Commonly
    Participant

I loved Where She Belongs! I would love to win Where Treasure Hides. Thanks for the opportunity!

http://justcommonly.blogspot.com/

pattymh2000 .
    Participant

I’ve been enjoying being a lot of contemporary Christian fiction recently , Where she Belongs sounds good.

Carrie Schmidt
    Participant

I have long wanted to read Where Treasure Hides! Loved Where She Belongs & looking forward to the next book in the series.  Will definitely track down Courageous Brides too 🙂

Dee Stevens
    Participant

I would love to win Where Treasure Hides because
    I have Where She Belongs in my TBR Stack 🙂

Pam Graber
    Participant

Johnnie is a new author to me. Thank you for introducing her, Ellie! It’s pretty cool that she writes both historicals and contemporaries.  Would love to get the chance to win these!

Donna B
    Participant

I would also like to do some traveling. I would like to someday visit the east coast. Thanks for this interview and giveaway!

Caryl Kane
    Participant

Great interview with Johnnie!  I would love to read WHERE TREASURE HIDES.  Thanks for the giveaway. 🙂

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Thanks so much to everyone who has already read one of my stories and to everyone who wants to! Both Where Treasure Hides and Where She Belongs mean so much to me.

For WTH, I got so caught up in the WWII research for loved weaving a story with both courage and tragedy. And though WSB is a contemporary, it let me relive childhood memories.

Of course, I’m very excited about the upcoming releases and I’m spending a lot of time in Misty Willow as I write the third novel in the series.

Again, thanks to all of you! You are so important to me.

Thanks to Ellie, too, for having me as a guest. I appreciate you so much!

Joan Arning
    Participant

I don’t believe I’ve read any of your books.  They look good!

I have added all of these books to my to-read list! I can’t wait!

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Joan, thanks for the compliment. Both of my publishers have done a terrific job of capturing the essence of each novel with their design covers and the story blurb. I’m blessed to have their talents.

Emilee, thanks for adding my books to your list. I so appreciate it! Please let me know your thoughts once you’ve finished them. Thanks again!

Trixi O.
    Participant

Lovely author interview! I have “Where She Belongs” so I’d love to have “Where Treasure Hides”, thank you for the chance!

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Hi, Trixi. Your profile photo is so striking. Thanks for the kind words!

Trixi O.
      Participant

Thanks Johnnie! This was taken about 2 years ago with my husband. We live on the Oregon coast & we were staying at a little motel along the Garibaldi Bay about on hour South of us. There’s a nice walkway along the ocean and it was a gorgeous sunset, so I decided to shoot some pictures of it with us in it. Thought it came out pretty good myself 🙂

Kim Hampton
    Participant

These books both look fantastic! I would like to know, how did you come up with such different ideas for them?

Shelia Hall
    Participant

Sounds like a great book

Terrill Rosado
    Participant

Hello Johnnie!  It’s always a pleasure to see a post or interview with you.  I hope that all is going well.  I’m truly happy for all of the wonderful reviews that Where She Belongs has received.  Congrats.  🙂

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Good morning, everyone! The reply feature here isn’t letting me reply, so forgive me for not responding individually.

Trixi, are the sunsets often that golden? Absolutely breathtaking!

Hi, Kim. Thanks for asking about the ideas behind the stories. When researching WWII for an unpublished novel, I watched a DVD called The Rape of Europa. It’s about the massive looting of art by the Nazis. That piqued my curiosity so I read the book by the same name plus more books and articles. There’s more to the inspiration story behind Where Treasure Hides, but that was a large part of it.

Where She Belongs is based on my own love for over a decade. I’d have loved to live there again, but that wasn’t in God’s plan for my life. So I wrote a story about someone who did get to fulfill that dream.

The novella, The Healing Promise (from the Courageous Brides Collection releasing in July), was sparked by a newspaper article I read in the 1980s. It’s based on the true event of a Ponca Indian father who asked the community of Neligh, Nebraska to care for the grave of his 18-month-old daughter. They have kept that promise all these years. That event stuck with me, and I was thrilled when the opportunity came to finally write about it even if it’s in a fictional way.

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Terrill, it’s so good to “see” you here, too! Yes, WSB is getting great reviews which makes me (and my publisher) so very happy! The feedback has been tremendous. I’m anxious to see what readers will think of Brett’s story. Hope all is well with you!

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Sheila, thank you! These stories have been such a joy–though sometimes a struggle, too–to write. I pray readers find them a joy to read. So glad you stopped in.

Trixi O.
    Participant

Johnnie, the sunsets over our ocean are always breath-taking…in my opinion anyway 🙂 I haven’t met one I didn’t like yet! Some have more reds, some have more yellows…guess it depends on how bright it is that day. I hope someday you get to see one over the ocean somewhere 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Trixi O..

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

Trixi, you are so blessed to experience lovely sunsets every day. I lived in Central Florida for awhile so when we were at the beach, we sometimes saw beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Here in Tennessee, the sun sets within the trees. It looks dark from the back porch but if we walk up the hill–well, there’s still sunlight!

Jasmineflower88
    Participant

I have been wanting to read Where Treasure Hides since it first came out. It sounds like a wonderful story and has such a dramatic cover.

Johnnie: I love that you are a classic movie fan! I’m only in my late 20’s but I LOVE classic movies and know more about actors from 60 years ago than I do about today’s actors.

Blessings! Jasmine

Check out my book review blog at http://montanamade.weebly.com/tell-tale-book-reviews

Johnnie Alexander
      Participant

Jasmine, the cover of Where Treasure Hides is so lovely. I appreciate Kristin Bakken so much for her design.  The characters in Where She Belongs are huge Cary Grant fans–it was so fun to have them talk about a few of my favorite movies. The classics are the BEST!

Hi, Stephanie. Thanks for the encouragement. I am so thankful for the positive reviews my stories have received. It’s humbling but also gratifying. <smile>

Hi, Stella! So glad to “bump” into you! I suppose I love both books equally but for different reasons. Where Treasure Hides is grittier than Where She Belongs. War brings more tragedy and heartache than contemporary country living. I hope you get a chance to read both. If you do, please let me know your thoughts.

Hello, Cataloger. It’s nice to meet someone new! I appreciate these opportunities so much. Wishing you a blessed day!

Stephanie Carlson
    Participant

Johnnie is a new author to me.  It was fun “learning” a little bit about her.  Her books look so good and have been getting great reviews.  I’m looking forward to reading them.

Thank you,

Stephanie

Stella Potts
    Participant

Great interview.  I would love to read either of these books but maybe if I had to make a choice it would be Where She Belongs.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Stella Potts.

cataloger
    Participant

Thank you for this chance to learn more about Johnnie. I would be thrilled to win either of these books!

Johnnie Alexander
    Participant

I just realized that when I thought I was in the regular comment thread, I was actually in the “reply to Jasmine” thread. My laptop has been acting up, and it’s not been too friendly with this forum.

While apologizing for the duplication, I’ve copied/pasted my replies to everyone else here. Just want to be sure they aren’t overlooked. (Again, sorry for the confusion.)

Hi, Stephanie. Thanks for the encouragement. I am so thankful for the positive reviews my stories have received. It’s humbling but also gratifying. <smile>

Hi, Stella! So glad to “bump” into you! I suppose I love both books equally but for different reasons. Where Treasure Hides is grittier than Where She Belongs. War brings more tragedy and heartache than contemporary country living. I hope you get a chance to read both. If you do, please let me know your thoughts.

Hello, Cataloger. It’s nice to meet someone new! I appreciate these opportunities so much. Wishing you a blessed day!

Rita Navarre
    Participant

I would love to read Where She Belongs..thanks for the giveaway!

Merry Sunshine
    Participant

It was nice getting to meet you Johnnie. I like that you have written both historical and contemporary books, both genres which I enjoy reading. How encouraging to see God blessing you in your writing journey. I am sure your alpacas make very interesting pets.

Lucy Reynolds
    Participant

Thank you for the chance. Enjoyed the interview and would love to win either book. God bless.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Community Login

Please create an account to get started.

Community Groups

Groups
Recent New Releases

Welcome!

Please log in below to comment on blog posts, participate in the forums, join groups & make friends on the social network.

Either register on site or simply use one of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc).

Community Login

Please create an account to get started.

Community Groups

Groups

Online Now

There are no users currently online
Recent Featured Authors
Recent New Releases
Recent WISP Directory Showcases
Recent Novel Spotlights
Counting on a Cowboy

follow us in feedly